Actuarial Analyst PositionBack to all Industries
Our client based in Pretoria East is looking to employ an Actuarial Analyst.
The Applicants duties will be:
• Reviewing and analysing the following, and where necessary, make recommendations:
− Extension applications
− Valuation exemption applications
− Statutory actuarial valuation reports
− Surplus applications
− Stakeholder complaints
− 15E, 15J and 15K applications
• Providing support to other Departments within the FSCA, in particular the Pensions Division; and
• Involvement in ad hoc projects
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Computer literacy and excellent communication skills;
• Problem solving skills and ability to perform under pressure without compromising quality; and
• Ability to work in a team.
The incumbent must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, currently pursuing studies and has ideally passed, or been exempted from at least six of the A-series subjects of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. Credit will also be given for passes in any of the more advanced subjects. The candidate must have at least 2 to 4 years working experience. Experience in the insurance product development and/or data analysis would be an advantage.